CAVALIA ODYSSEO RAISES ITS COLOSSAL WHITE BIG TOP IN VENTURA COUNTY FOR ITS CAMARILLO DEBUT!
THE RAISING OF THE LARGEST TOURING TENT IN THE WORLD & MARKS THE OFFICIAL ARRIVAL OF THE SHOW AHEAD OF NOVEMBER 11 PREMIERE EVENT
VENTURA COUNTY, CA – (October 11, 2017) #Odysseo – The most impressive and immense big top on the planet – part of the largest touring production ever created – has been raised near US 101 at Santa Rosa Rd in Camarillo, in preparation for the much-anticipated Ventura County debut of Odysseo, an exceptional theatrical adventure by Cavalia. Imagined by Normand Latourelle – renowned for combining different forms of artistic expression and reinventing the scenic space – the $30 million extravaganza that expands the definition of performance into an epic, yet soulful theatrical experience will open under the gigantic White Big Top November 11, with matinee and evening shows scheduled through November 26.
Today at the show site, Camarillo Mayor Jan McDonald and Camarillo Chamber of Commerce President & CEO Gary Cushing joined Cavalia Spokesperson Eric Paquette for brief remarks about the excitement of bringing such a unique production to Ventura County. Ms. McDonald, Mr. Cushing, and Mr. Paquette cut the symbolic ribbon heralding the official arrival of the production in Camarillo.
While the White Big Top rose to the sky, guests and members of the press toured the impressive site that will soon host the epic experience Cavalia Odysseo – a breathtaking production featuring more than 100 horses, riders, acrobats, dancers, aerialists and musicians.
Standing 125 feet tall and covering a surface area of 58,397 square feet – the size of a football field – Odysseo’s exceptional White Big Top is a mix of art, technology and advanced engineering. In order to break through the limitations of standard big top tents, allow for more flexibility in the performance area, and to give the horses the space they need to express themselves in all their beauty, Normand Latourelle partnered with specialized companies in Europe and Canada to create the high-tech structure. By removing the usual supporting masts from the stage and shifting the weight of the structure from the masts to three arches above the tent, this specially designed White Big Top is the best environment for the horses and acrobats to perform breathtaking numbers and for the creative team to design immense staging.
This unprecedented ‘traveling theatre’ is also composed of several exceptional features including its grandiose stage – larger than an NHL ice rink – that enables large-scale, cutting-edge creative performances. Faced by bleachers with 2,074 seats, just like an auditorium setting, the 17,500-square-foot stage requires 10,000 tons of stone, earth and sand to create so that it offers nature on stage, a vast space of freedom where more than 100 two and four-legged stars can display their intimate collaboration.
The multi-dimensional and magical world of Odysseo is conjured through images of the most beautiful landscapes from around the world, projected onto an 8,400-square-foot screen, a feast for the eyes with staggering effects created by state-of-the-art scenery. Odysseo’s technical grid, worthy of the largest permanent installations in Las Vegas, New York or London, can support 80 tons of equipment for the stage needs of the show, including a majestic life-sized merry-go-round.
During the breathtaking finale, a vertiginous virtual waterfall overhangs a lake made possible by an underground drain system that releases 40,000 gallons of recycled water onto the stage, in which horses, riders and artists join to frolic, leaving behind them the traces of their splashes—and an astonished audience.
The White Big Top is just one part of a larger ensemble; the Odysseo village will take shape over the next few weeks and consists of five tents: the White Big Top, the stable tent, the Rendez-Vous VIP tent, the warm-up & artistic tent, and the kitchen tent serving the 200 permanent employees. In total, 110 semi-trailer trucks will be required to transport the world’s largest touring production to Camarillo.
Odysseo is a veritable revolution in live entertainment that marries the equestrian arts, stage performances, and high-tech theatrical effects in never-before-seen ways.
TICKETS – BUY NOW AND ENJOY “PRESALE” PRICES – FOR A LIMITED TIME ONLY, up to 15% discount is applied automatically for online and phone transactions for ticket purchases. The presale ticket prices range from $29.50 to $119.50 + applicable fees. For a memorable outing, the Rendez-Vous package offers the best seats in the house, a full meal buffet dining before the show, open bar, desserts during intermission and an exclusive visit to the stables after the show. This unique VIP experience takes place in a tent alongside the White Big Top. The presale Rendez-Vous package prices range from $129.50 to $234.50 + applicable fees. Special pricing and packages are also available for groups of 12 spectators and more. Tickets for Odysseo are available at www.cavalia.com or by calling 1-866-999-8111.
ABOUT CAVALIA INC. – Cavalia Inc. is an entertainment company that specializes in the creation, production and touring of innovative shows. Founded by Normand Latourelle, the company reimagines the equestrian and theatrical arts. With its headquarters in Montreal, Cavalia Inc. is an integral part of Canada’s cultural heritage, and the largest Canadian-owned cultural enterprise. Its expertise in high technology, multimedia and special effects creates magical, unique, never-before-seen experiences. Its first show, Cavalia, has been seen by more than 4 million people across North America, Europe, Australia, the Middle East and Asia since its 2003 debut. Odysseo, the company’s second show, has toured to rave reviews and public acclaim since its 2011 premiere. Follow Cavalia’s latest developments at www.twitter.com/cavalia or www.facebook.com/cavalia. #Odysseo
JENNIFER BECKER PUBLIC RELATIONS
Jennifer Becker | firstname.lastname@example.org | Mobile: 619-405-0625
THE WORLD’S LARGEST TOURING TENT
Facts about the White Big Top
- Odysseo’s White Big Top – the world’s largest touring tent – is 125 feet tall (12 stories high)
- The surface covered by the White Big Top is 58,397 square feet, the same size as a football field!
- Under the White Big Top are the stage, the backstage areas, the bleachers, a lobby, a gift shop and food stands
- Seating capacity for 2,074 spectators
- The stage is approximately 17,500 square feet, an area larger than an NHL ice rink
- The stage is made of 10,000 tons of stone, dirt and sand
- An underground drain system is built to flood 40,000 gallons of recycled water onto the stage for the splashing finale. After the show, it takes 15 minutes to drain the water
- The high-definition backdrop is the size of three of the largest cinema screens
- The technical grid supports 80 tons of equipment, including a majestic life-sized merry-go-round
- Air conditioning and heat are available
Assembly of the White Big Top
- There are 3 arches that support the White Big Top. Each arch consists of 8 sections that are 8 feet wide by 29 feet long. Once assembled, each arch is 88 feet high by 203 feet long
- The masts of the big top have been specially engineered to be able to lift the arches into place
- The canvas is held in place by 1,310 three-foot long stakes holding down the 250 anchor plates
- The White Big Top is made of 118,019 square feet of canvas
- 26 motors are needed to raise the canvas onto the structure, resulting in the White Big Top
- The length of all the steel cable used to attach the structure to the ground is equal to 3.6 miles
- The Odysseo village consists of 5 tents: the White Big Top, the stable tent, the Rendez-Vous VIP tent, the warm-up & artistic tent and the kitchen tent serving the 200 permanent employees